In the present information era most aspects of our life depend on and are driven by data, information, knowledge, user experience and culture. Information Visualisation, Visual Analytics, Business Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science are only a few research areas of the current state of art enabling to increase the comprehension of the information on which is based the infrastructure of our society. The International Conference on Information Visualisation is concentrated around these hot topics. It is at its 22th edition. The past edition in London has seen the participation of researchers from 20 countries. As in the previous edition, also this year there will be the opportunity of starting international cooperations and European research projects, and of discussing with international relevance keynote speakers.The conference is articulated in symposia, with details and further information available at the Symposia webpage.
Your work may be submitted as
- a full paper
- a short paper
- a poster presentation (displayed online or during the SHOWCASE event)
These submissions include, but are not limited to
- Information Visualisation Theory & Practice
- Visualization and Storytelling
- Glyphs: Shapes, Icons, Text and Imagery in Visualization
- Information Visualization Evaluation
- Visual Analytics
- Social media analytics
- GeoVisual Analytics and Spatial-Temporal Analytics
- Knowledge Visualization and Visual Thinking
- Advances in Interactive and Visual Data Clustering
- Visualisation in Business Intelligence and Open Data
- Knowledge Domain Visualisation
- Open Source Intelligence and Web Mining & Web Visualization
- Co-operative Design Visualisation
- Human-Computer Interaction for Information Visualization
- Graph and Network Visualisation
- Digital Humanities Knowledge Visualization
- BioMedical Visualization
- Visualization, Art, & Design
- Symposium of Digital Art and Gallery
- Augmented Reality Visualization and Art
- Computer Animation, Information Visualisation, and Digital Effects
- Computer Games and their applications (CGa)
- Multimedia and E-learning
- Digital Entertainment
The “Best Paper Awards” will be given to the studies which will be selected by the committee among the papers/posters presented in iV2018 and applied for the award. Study’s relevance to the symposium’s scope, its scientific contribution, writing/presentation style will be considered in the evaluation process.
IV2018 will have the following awards:
- iV2018 Best Paper of the Year Award (Conditions: Being a presenter in the symposium)
- iV2018 The Young Researcher of the Year Award (Conditions: Being a presenter in the symposium, age of 40 and younger)
- Best Oral Presentation Award (Conditions: Being a presenter in the symposium)
- Best Research Award [For poster presentations]
Selected Journal Publication
Accepted and presented papers will be published in the iV 2018 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases such as EI Compendex, ScienceDirect, Scopus, Web of Knowledge, Thomson ISI, and IET Inspect. Also extended versions of selected papers will be published as a special issue on the International Journal of Visual Language and Computing. For more information see the publication page.
The dates of all the conference deadlines are available @ Important Dates.
The submission procedure details are available @ submission page.