Submissions to this symposium are invited in the range of areas at the intersection of evaluation, information visualization, perception and interaction. Submissions should have a main focus on evaluation and are encouraged to entail a full coverage of all aspects important for understanding the work undertaken, for example an experimental study should be described at a sufficient level of detail to allow it to be replicable.
The symposium seeks original papers in all areas concerning information visualization evaluation. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Empirical investigations of user prerequisites for dealing adequately with information visualization techniques;
- Evaluations of new or already existing techniques;
- Evaluation metrics and tools;
- Development of benchmark task;
- Development and usage of test data sets;
- Lessons learned from performed evaluations;
- Survey of existing evaluation methods;
- Evaluations on the new emerging technologies (Virtual Reality, Augmenting Reality, Stereoscopy, etc…).
Please check the submission procedures @ the submission page.
General enquiries and submissions should be addressed to the Conference Co-ordinator
Symposium enquiries specific should be addressed to:
Michele Risi (Prof.)
University of Salerno, Italy
mrisi (@) unisa.it
Ugo Erra (Prof.)
University of Basilicata, Italy
ugo.erra (@) unibas.it