There is evidently much room for synergy between two distinct domains such as Geographic Visualization and Information Visualization and associated applications areas such as public statistics, environmental, logistics, meteorology, social science, education, energy, decision support and others. This is particularly so in the context of the Visual Analytics research agenda. This symposium is meant to attract the attention of a research community interested in the emerging field Geovisual Analytics and the synergies between Geographic visualization and Information Visualization through presentations and discussion of applications, techniques and novel approaches supporting research efforts focus on such questions as:
- How to visualise spatio-temporal and multivariate data in a way that supports clear understanding of the problem, finding reasonable ways to solve it, seeing pros and cons of each possible solution, and understanding the tradeoffs between various options;
- How to help users to understand and properly utilise synergies between geo- and information visualization;
- What other techniques and approaches could appropriately complement the visualisation in helping people to investigate problem situations and arrive at sound and well-grounded decisions;
- How to externalise and manage the knowledge gained e.g. storytelling.
In particular we request reflective contributions in the following areas:
- use and novel application of :
- Geovisual Analytics, geovisualization and geographical visualization methods for spatial and temporal data;
- Synergy of Geovisual Analytics and other research domain such as information visualization, scientific visualization, data mining or computational approaches;
- Visualization support for multi-criteria decision analysis related to spatial data;
- Collaborative or Communicative Geovisual Analytics;
- Visual support for individual and team analytical reasoning and sense making;
- Methods to visualize and exploit heterogeneous information of varied quality;
- Methods for capturing observations and findings in the course of analysis, for documenting, organising, and navigating discoveries, and for supporting knowledge construction;
- Geovisual Analytics support for spatial and spatio-temporal data mining and statistics;
- Knowledge-based geovisual analytics design;
- HCI issues of Geovisual Analytics.
- case studies in :
- Application of innovative Geovisual Analytics, statistics visualization, geovisualization, geographical visualization methods related to real-life problems, Geovisual Analytics applied in Education.
- theoretical work that documents or supports any synergies including:
- Software architectures
- Theoretical frameworks
Please check the submission procedures @ the submission page.
General enquiries and submissions should be addressed to the Conference Co-ordinator
Symposium enquiries specific should be addressed to:
João Moura Pires (Prof.)
Universidade Nova de Lisboa, PT
jmp (@) fct.unl.pt
Nuno Datia (Prof.)
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa, PT
datia (@) isel.ipl.pt